Great winner of popularity contest among dessert eaters. Could be a part of multicolor and multi- flavoured dessert (present together with Orange Jelly, Absinth Jelly, some of the pana cottas (e.g. lemon grass or caramel…)
Yield: 12 to 15 servings.
- 350g sugar
- 450ml Campari, at room temperature
- 32g unflavored gelatin
- 650ml sparkling water
- 500 ml water
- Make simple syrup: Place sugar in a saucepan, add 500ml water, bring to a simmer and cook just until sugar dissolves. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, mix Campari and simple syrup.
- Place gelatin in a small metal bowl or a metal measuring cup and pour about 250ml Campari mixture over it to soften it.
- When gelatin is soft, place bowl or cup in a shallow pan with simmering water below rim of bowl or cup.
- Simmer until gelatin mixture liquefies.
- Slowly whisk liquid gelatin into rest of Campari mixture.
- Stir in sparkling water..
- Strain Campari mixture into moulds.
- Refrigerate until firm, at least 4 hours.
- Unmold onto dessert plates by first dipping molds in hot water for count of 20.
- Return plates to refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with other jellies and creams..
I often prepare a set of different grown-up jellies and serve a few cubes of each to each person. They make a wonderful colour and taste compilation, and you can dress them up with some nuts, chocolate shavings, a drop of eggnog, some fresh mint etc.
Gratulacje Krzysiu, ze wszystko zreperowales.