Cool, deep red jelly for dark nights. As the wine isn’t boiled it keeps its alcohol, and it’s like having your dessert wine without admitting you’re drinking it.
- 300ml water
- 300ml Elysium black Muscat or another good red dessert wine such as Banyuls
- 150g sugar
- 12 g gelatine (to set some 750 ml of liquid)
- Bring the water to the boil, add the sugar and stir until dissolved then remove from heat.
- Soak the gelatine leaves in a shallow bowl of cold water for a minute or so until soft.
- Squeeze out the water, add to the syrup and stir until dissolved.
- Add the wine, then pour the jelly into moulds or suitable containers such as tea cups.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight until set.
- To serve, turn out the jellies, dipping the mould quickly into hot water to ease them out.
- Thick Jersey or organic cream goes beautifully with it.