Most successful… For those in the know it is a lactose-free (but not nuts-free ) version of the mizeria (extremely popular side dish served in Poland, composed of raw cucumbers and sour cream based vinaigrette).
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 fresh cucumbers (should perhaps allow for one cucumber person?)
- 4-6 thai chilies,
- 1/2 cup peanuts, and
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- Bring vinegar, sugar, and salt to a boil, stirring until dissolved, boil gently for 1 minute, and remove from heat.
- Let solution cool to room temperature.
- Slice peeled cucumber in thin slices.
- Add shredded chillies, peanut and cilantro
- Pour the cooled vinegar dressing” over the veggies and serve, possibly with Grilled Chicken Satay.