Makes over 350 ml
- 125ml distilled white vinegar
- 250ml sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoons Chinese-style chili-garlic sauce
- In a small sauce pan, combine the vinegar and sugar.
- Bring to a low boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Lower the heat to medium and stir in the rest of the sugar.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently as the mixture comes to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the salt.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the chili-garlic sauce and remove from the heat.
- Let cool and serve at room temperature.
Covered and refrigerated, this sauce will keep for 2-3 weeks.