Polski text tu.
Initially applied in the upside down fruit tart , then tested in peach galette with good results.
For 24 cm dia pan you need
- 115 g butter
- 145 g flour – pastry flour, if you have it. Otherwise use the regular flour.
- 1 flat tbsp sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 2 heaping tbsp of sour cream (not the skim variety)
- Mix the flour, salt, and sugar.
- Cut the butter into small chunks.
- Slowly add the flour mixture. Your result should be somewhat oat flakes like consistent substance – little crumbs of butter still independent within the dry ingredients.
- Now introduce the sour cream, mixing it in with the fork or similar device.
- Now bring it all together by hand quickly.
- Flatten the ball of butter , wrap tightly and store in the fridge for a least an hour.
When ready to use the shell let it rest in room temperature a few minutes before rolling out.