Polska versja tu
Excellent somewhat festive desert. You may want to plan making it one day before serving, or earlier. Be patient, especially with the first layer; it seems to take forever, but it is worth waiting for. The image below shows how you can employ eager helpers to decorate it before serving; some fruit finds its way onto the desert!
- 1 sizeable lemon
- 175 g of icing sugar
- 750 g frozen mixed berries
- 750 ml of cranberry juice (i use various juices that i find at home. Very successful was the experiment with pomegranate juice (available, for example, at Middle East Markets..). The juice can not be sweet, must be rather tart
- 25 g gellatine
- 100 g fresh fruit, some fresh mint leaves for decoration
- Place empty Jello form in the freezer
- Carefully wash the lemon, rinse it with boiling water, peel
- Cut the peel finely, squeeze the juice from the lemon
- Pour the cranberry juice into a pot, add frozen fruit, lemon zest and juice, and icing sugar
- Bring to boil, set aside for 10 minutes
- Drop gellatine into a bowl, sprinkle with some cold water. Leave for 5 minutes
- Strain the fruity mixture, gently squeezing the fruit to extrack the juice; pour the juice into the bowl with gellatine, mix thoroughly, keep the fruit.
- Mix until gellatine completely dissolved
- Pour 1/3 of the created liquid into the frozen form, place it in the frigde and allow to solidify. Patience!!
- On solid jello put ½ of the fruit mash, and on it pour ½ of the remaining jello liquid
- Wait again, this time whould be somewhat quicker..
- On solid jello put the rest of the fruit, and the rest of the liquid
- Let cool at least 4 hours, better yet overnight
- Just before serving extracct the jello from the form (hot 30 sec bath?), tunr onta a servig plate, decorate with fresh fruit.
- I serve it with some fresh mint, and, often with whipped cream.