Simple, yet oh so good…
For 8 gourmand guests You need
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 veal cutlets, pounded to about 1/4″
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
And, here is how You go about it:
- Combine salt, pepper and flour.
- Combine bread crumbs and Creole seasoning.
- Beat the eggs, and add to the milk.
- Prepare standard 3-station breading setup.
- Dredge the veal cutlets in the seasoned flour, dip the chops in the egg/milk mixture, then roll in the bread crumbs, coating the cutlet thoroughly.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet and cook the chops until done, about 2 minutes per side, until the breading is nicely browned on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve immediately.