Here is a good recipe for Guacamole, and a good place to start if you want to develop your own version:
In a glass or stainless steel bowl, mix together:
- flesh of two pounds of avocados, 2 or 3 cups
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chile, if green, tsp to tbsp if hot dry red (see note above)
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium onion, fine chop
- Juice of one lemon or two limes, more or less
- 3 tsp dry leaf oregano
- 1 tsp freshly crushed cumin seed
- bit of salt and pepper
- Mix well together, sprinkle a little more lemon or lime juice over the top to keep it from darkening
- Let it mellow for an hour or two.
- Serve with chips or tostados, slices of lemon or lime, a bit more oregano, fresh cilantro and any kind of chile imaginable.