· 3tbsp ghee or vegetable oil
· 1 small piece of root ginger, scraped and finely grated or chopped
· 1/2 tsp ground turmeric or 1tsp fresh, peeled and finely grated
· 1 small medium heat green chilli, seeded and finely chopped
· 1tsp mustard seeds
· 1tsp ground cumin
· 1tsp ground coriander
· 1tsp garam masala
· A good pinch of curry leaves
· 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into even sized florets (large ones halved)
· Juice of half a lemon
· 250ml vegetable stock
· 2tbsp chopped fresh coriander
1. Heat the ghee or oil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan and gently cook the spices on a low heat for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add the cauliflower, lemon juice and vegetable stock, season with a good pinch of salt and bring to the boil.
3. Stir well, cover with a tight fitting lid and cook on a very low heat, stirring every so often, for 15 minutes.
4. Remove the lid and continue to cook on a slightly higher heat until almost all the liquid has evaporated. Add the coriander, stir well and serve.