Good way to use up cooked vegetables such as broccoli, asparagus and greens. The cheese – whether Parmesan, pecorino or a blue cheese like gorgonzola – gives it that depth of flavour. Stilton would also fit the bill here.
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 150g cooked sprout tops or greens like Savoy cabbage, chopped – or other available veggies – chopped
- 100g gorgonzola (or other cheese), cut into small rough 1cm pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Mix the vegetables with the eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a deep non-stick egg pan or a frying pan measuring 15-20cm.
- Pour in the egg mixture and stir on the heat with a wooden spoon or plastic spatula until the mixture begins to set.
- Mix in the cheese, then stop stirring so the frittata can colour underneath.
- When it’s done (just browned, and firm on top) take a plate a little larger than the pan and turn it upside down on top of the pan.
- Invert the tortilla on to the plate and transfer on to a serving dish.
- Serve it hot or at room temperature with a simple salad such as rocket or tomato.