Polski text tu
For 4 chocolate lovers..
- 200 g bittersweet chocolate – you can use up to 50% of the milk chocolate, but never just milk chocolate. We like the final product deliciously bitter..
- 6 eggs
- 1 packet (8g) vanilla sugar (you can work with icing sugar and a bit of vanilla extract)
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 1 tbsp of dark rum or Cointreau
- Separate the eggs yolks from white.
- Cream the yolks with the sugar.
- Cut or break the chocolate into small pieces
- Heat the butter in the double boiler (I use for this a stainless steel bowl placed on the pot with boiling water – as long as the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water..).
- Add chocolate and mix until fully dissolved
- Beat the egg whites silly until stiff
- Add alcohol to melted chocolate, mix. If it suddenly solidifies, process quickly to next step, use a hand held mixer.
- Add creamed egg yolks, mix.
- Add 1 spoon of egg whites, gently but thoroughly mix.
- dd next spoon, mix… and so on..and so on..
- Place the mixture in serving dish(es)
- Store (covered with foil) in the fridge at least 1 ½ hours
- I serve it in individual glass bowls, with a mint leaf or two, and a few fresh raspberries, when in season..