This recipe makes a large quantity, enough for a mixed grill of beef, lamb, chicken, and pork satays for 16 people.
Any leftover sauce can be used as a dip for raw vegetables or warmed and spread on toast for a quick, delicious snack.
- 1 can (14 oz.) unsweetened coconut milk
- 6 T. Massamann Curry Paste
- 2/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 7 T. dark brown sugar
- 2 T. Thai fish sauce (nam pla)
- Put the coconut milk in a medium saucepan and slowly bring it to a gentle boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the curry paste and stir until well blended and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add the peanut butter and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the brown sugar.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the sauce is smooth and well blended, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the fish sauce.
- Cool slightly and serve warm or at room temperature.
This sauce will keep for at least 3 weeks if refrigerated in a covered container.