Polska wersja : Legumina Śnieżna
Easy, light, very tasty. The instance above did not maintain the colour of fresh snow, and had lime used in place of lemon, but was very, very successful..
- 750g cooking apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 80g sugar
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 egg whites
- 80ml double cream
- shortbread cookies (option)
- Put the apples into a pan with 60g of the sugar
- Add the lemon rind and juice, cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring every so often until the apples are soft.
- Remove the lid and continue to simmer for a few minutes until the mixture is dry.
- Blend until smooth in a blender and transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Whisk the egg whites in a mixing machine with the remaining 20g of sugar until stiff.
- Whisk the cream separately until fairly stiff
- Carefully fold the cream and egg whites into the cool apple purée.
- Spoon into individual dishes, or one large dish and chill in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Shortbread cookies are delicious with this.