Ewa served the real prototype – i was very intrigued, and decided to play with my own implementation.
Very simple, very open for interpretation. I should think other fruit could easily stand in for oranges – as fennel green could replace parsley.. Ewa blanched rather than steam – just as well. Tasty – never had a chance to take a picture.
- fresh fennel head
- an orange or two
- flat leaf parsley (option)
- dressing of choice (i used a bit of mayo, yogourt, lemon juice, salt, pepper)
- clean and slice fennel, keep the greens for garnish later
- steam fennel slices till wilted – do not over cook
- set aside, let them cool down
- peel and slice oranges into compatible chunks
- chop parsley, if using
- mix everything, decorate and serve