Serves 4 – about 175 ml per serving..
- 450ml water
- 150ml absinthe, or grappa, or crème de menthe, or chatreuse
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 200g sugar
- 15 g gelatin
- 3/4 l jello mould (perhaps a bowl, perhaps food applicable plastic box..?)
- Pour gelatin over in 100 ml of cold water, let sit until absorbed
- Bring the water and lemon juice to the boil
- Add the sugar and stir until dissolved then remove from heat.
- Add gelatin to the syrup and stir until dissolved.
- Add the absinthe then pour into individual jelly moulds or one large one.
- Leave in the fridge for a couple of hours or so until the jelly is set.
- To serve, dip the moulds briefly in boiling water then turn out the jellies or jelly on to plates or a serving dish
- Offer thick cream, and/or other good jellies (Campari? Orange?) to go with it.