Bardzo dobre. Nie oszczędzaj ziół i pieprzu
Yield: 12 pancakes.
FOR THE PANCAKES:
- 3 medium zucchini, shredded
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 125 ml all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 250 ml crumbled feta cheese
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 80 ml finely chopped dill
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 to 6 tablespoons vegetable oil, more as needed
FOR THE YOGURT SAUCE:
- 160 ml plain yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Preheat oven to 250F/125C.
- Place zucchini in a colander over a bowl, and mix with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Allow to drain for five minutes.
- Transfer to a cloth kitchen towel, and squeeze hard to extract as much moisture as possible.
- Squeeze a second time; volume will shrink to about half the original.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine zucchini and eggs.
- Using a fork, mix well.
- Add flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, olive oil, feta, scallions, dill and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- Mix well, add baking powder, and mix again.
- Place a cast iron skillet or other heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons vegetable oil and heat until shimmering.
- Place heaping tablespoons of zucchini batter in pan several inches apart, allowing room to spread.
- Flatten them with a spatula if necessary; pancakes should be less than 1 cm thick and about 7 cm in diameter.
- Fry until golden on one side, then turn and fry again until golden on other side.
- Repeat once or twice, frying about 5 to 6 minutes total, so pancakes get quite crisp.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels, and keep warm in oven. Continue frying remaining batter, adding more oil to pan as needed.
- Serve hot.
For yogurt sauce: In a small bowl, combine yogurt, garlic and salt. Mix well, and serve on the side or on pancakes.