This chicken is simple to make and the sauce is even more flavorful if allowed to marinate on the chicken overnight.
Try serving this with a spicy fried rice.
Makes 6 servings.
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger root
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- In a medium nonporous bowl, combine the garlic, ginger, lime zest, lime juice, crushed red pepper flakes, water, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and sugar.
- Mix well and place the chicken in the sauce, turning several times to coat.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil grate.
- Grill chicken over high heat for 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until internal temperature reaches 180 degrees F (80 degrees C).
- Discard any remaining marinade.