- 2 cups red potatoes, diced in ½-inch cubes
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 slices prosciutto, cut in strips (optional)
- 2 leeks, cleaned and sliced in ½-inch slices
- 2 ounces diced fontina cheese
- Place potatoes in non-stick skillet with stock.
- Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are crisp tender and stock has just about disappeared, about 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in same skillet on medium heat.
- Add prosciutto and leeks and sauté for two minutes or until leeks are limp.
- Add potatoes and sauté for about 5 minutes or until potatoes are tender and golden.
- Reduce heat to low, add fontina and cover pan.
- Cook for 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
Suggested accompaniment to veal chop or chicken tabaka