Just over 1 hour?, provided you already have made you Rosemary Garlic Oil prepared a day or so ago..
- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken
- Rosemary Garlic Oil
For Rosemary Garlic oil
- Olive oil
- Mash up some garlic, chop up rosemary and toss all that into a little saucepan, cover it with olive oil and let it gently heat for about 30 minutes to make a quick infused oil.
- Remove it from the heat and let it sit the rest of the day.
When ready to grill the chicken:
- Fill the cavity with shallots (any type of onion is fine), rosemary (any type of herb is fine), and lemon; or , for that matter, any veggies you may have left over in the fridge (I used raw white cabbage salad very successfully too)
- Tie the legs and wings close to the body.
- Pre-heat the grill by turning all three burners up to high so that the grill gets super hot.
- Run the rotisserie rod in through the neck and out the back end and put the pointy gripper things on the bar and into the chicken to hold it in place.
- Then baste it with the rosemary-garlic oil.
- Before putting the chicken in to cook, turn the burners down to low to keep the temp at about 375F.
- Put the rod into the motor and let the little chicken slowly spin.
- Baste the chicken about every 15 minutes with the oil, if needed.
- About one hour into the process I start checking temperature (the thigh should measure about 180F).
- When cooked, let it sit for 10-15 minutes before carving.