for 4-6; needs marinating overnight.
- 1 1/2 lbs. pork loin
- 1/2 head garlic, peeled
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- black pepper, cracked
- Place garlic, olive oil, rosemary and black pepper in a blender and blend on med-high until you have a smooth paste.
- Spread paste on pork and marinate overnight.
- Two hours before service, fire up your barbeque and get a good hot bed of mesquite coals off to one side.
- Remove pork from refrigerator and bring to room temperature.
- Generously salt pork.
- When coals are ready, roast pork, fat side up, on the opposite side of the grill from the coals, turning vents to almost closed, for about 45 minutes depending on how much heat you have (the slower you cook , the moister it will be).
- Remove from heat and let the meat rest. Meat can rest, loosely covered, for 45 minutes (or two to three glasses of sparkling wine).
- Finish cooking in a 400 degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Slice meat just before service.
For the less adventurous or less equipped, pork may also be oven roasted at 425F for about the same amount of time.
Note: This marinade works well with lamb, beef and pork