Serve as a summer dessert with cream and/or ice-cream or seal in warm sterilized mason jars and enjoy at any time…
Yield: 1 litre
- 1 kg apricots
- 250 g sugar
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp Amaretto (You can substitute brandy for Amaretto)
- Blanch the apricots briefly in boiling water, peel, halve and stone them.
- Bring the sugar, water and lemon juice to the boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the apricots and keep the heat at just below boiling point.
- After 8-10 minutes the apricots will be soft.
- Pour in the almond liqueur and allow to cool or store immediately in mason jars..