Same yet different – the family working well together with some help from kalamata olives and red onion. The theme stolen from the Guardian and made our own for good – thank you, Hugh F-W!
For 4 as a side salad, could work for 2 as a main dish (vegetarian stream? – no protein?). On the picture above: a generous serving for one..
- ½ large cucumber (about 200g)
- 1 medium zucchini (about 200g)
- ¼ small cantaloupe melon (about 200g)
- 50g pitted black kalamata olives
- ½ medium red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- Juice of ½ small lemon
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- I peeled the cucumber , the zucchini, and the melon.I really did not bother with isolating the seeds in zucchini nor in cucumber, I did with the melon. You make your choice.
- I did some informal verification of the weight etc, but decided it did not really matter very much – you will provide the proportions you like.
- I sliced them all in some attempt to keep the sizes (except to olives and red onion, naturally) matching.
- I put all the slices in a large bowl.
- I squeezed over the lemon juice, trickled over the oil, gave it a good seasoning and stirred together gently. Tasted, added more salt, pepper or lemon juice (if needed), and served straight away.