Horseradish sauce is also sometimes served at room temperature, with cold cuts or fish. For such scenarios go directly here.
For the sake of the recipe the quantities below aim at some 200 ml horseradish pulp, good to flavor some 750 ml of sauce.
for the sauce proper:
- two tbsp of butter
- two tbsp of flour
- ½ litre of broth (beef, chicken..)
- 200 ml (or to taste) prepared horseradish pulp
- two tbsp of fresh sour cream
- salt, pepper
- On a heavy frying pan heat up the butter, drop the flour into it, mash hot until well blended
- slowly add cold broth, stirring and mixing continuously, allow the substances to integrate
- Add horseradish – i suggest you do it spoonful by spoonful, tasting after a few, to make sure you add only as much as you like. Stir and bring to boil
- Add sour cream and spices, as needed