· 500g potatoes, cooked in their skins and scraped
· 1tbsp horseradish sauce
· 4 spring onions, finely chopped
· Salt and freshly ground black pepper
· 2-3 tbsp good quality mayonnaise
· 1tbsp crème fraîche
1. Put the potatoes into boiling salted water and simmer for 10-15 minutes, drain and, when they’re cool enough to handle (but not cold), peel or scrape off the skin.
2. While they are still warm, roughly crush the potatoes with a fork (you want to keep some lumps).
3. Meanwhile, mix the horseradish, spring onions, mayonnaise and crème fraîche together in a lard bowl, season with salt and freshly ground pepper, then fold in the crushed potatoes.