Tiny Seckel pears could be served whole, if available. If you use larger pears and slice them ahead of time, keep them sitting in water with lemon juice until you need them.
Whatever pears you use, make sure they are ripe, otherwise they’ll taste a bit like cardboard.
- 4 endives, sliced,
- 4 small pears, sliced,
- 4 ounces Roquefort, crumbled,
- a handful of candied walnuts.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons chopped mint
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Combine endives and pears on a platter.
- Sprinkle with Roquefort.
- Whisk lemon juice, honey, mint and olive oil together.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with candied walnuts.