Hard to imagine how popular this very easy dish is at the informal evening gatherings. Perfect component for a la fourchette offering..
For 8 people (roughly one agg per person) you need:
- 8 large eggs, hard boiled and cooled
- 4-5 tbps light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp white-wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp minced shallot
- dash hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Paprika, for garnish
- In a medium bowl mix together mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, shallot, and hot sauce.
- Peel eggs, and halve lengthwise; remove yolks, leaving whites intact.
- Transfer yolks to bowl with mayonnaise mixture, and season with salt and pepper.
- Mash with a fork until smooth.
- Mound yolk mixture into whites.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Lay them out on an flat serving platter. If not serving immediately, cover with foil and store in a cool place (few hour ok..).