I always wanted to try it.. Skimpy servings in sushi places are not enough..So – today i found
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp salt
- 125 ml rice vinegar
- 500g fresh ginger
- few thin slices of raw beetroot
- I dropped sugar, salt and rice vinegar in a large (0.5 l) glass jar and stirred and shook them until the salt has dissolved.
- Peeled and thinly sliced ginger i dropped into the jar and attempted to submerge the ginger in the vinegar solution.
- Added peeled and sliced beetroot.
- Shook the jar so that the ginger and beetroot are covered.
- Left at room temperature for a few hours
- Refrigerate until needed.
They say it will keep for two or three weeks in the fridge. I will certainly hope so..