Excellent… easy. Slow cooking, great reminder of the bbq taste in the winter.
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) flour,
- salt and pepper to taste,
- ½ tsp paprika,
- 2-4 lbs (about 2 kg) beef short ribs, bone in,
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil.
- 2 medium onions, chopped into large chunks,
- ½ cup tomato sauce (I use what I have in the fridge, and adjust seasoning),
- ½ cup bbq sauce (I use what I have in the fridge, and adjust seasoning),
- 1 tbps molasses (I successfully used brown sugar instead),
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar.
To do it:
- Combine flour, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Trim excess fat from ribs.
- Heat the frying pan with some oil in it.
- Set the oven to 275F (140C).
- Dredge ribs in flour mixture (I use plastic bag and shake&bake approach).
- Brown the meat on all sides and remove into a oven-proof casserole.
- Place onion on top of the meat.
- Whisk tomato sauce, bbq sauce, molasses and cider vinegar in a saucepan.
- Bring the sauce to boil and pour over ribs and onions.
- Cover, place in the hot oven and bake for 3-4 hours.