For 3 hungry people:
- two large zucchinis (as many, as you can somehow fit in an baking dish, flat (could be sliced lengthwise, too, come to think of it)
- some feta cheese, ground coarse – i had 200g, a bit too much
- masses of fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- equivalent amount of fresh dill, chopped
- some black olives, pitted, chopped somewhat finely
- some sun dried tomatoes, chopped finely
- optionally, some substance that will make all this come together – i found a jar of tomato pesto in my fridge -a few teaspoons saved me from breaking an egg into the mixture
- salt and pepper
- some olive oil to drop in the bottom of the target baking dish. I used the leftover from sun dried tomatoes, they come in the oil residue here
- a handful of walnuts – option – smashed into small pieces, to drop over the filled cups of zucchini
- I sliced the zucchinis in 2 cm thick rings.
- with a metal spoon i took the seedy part out of each zucchini ring, creating a semblance of a bowl out of each ring. The part i dug out i left to a salad or something tomorrow (mixed with some salt in a small glass bowl).
- mixed all the other ingredients (not the oil, surely) together, adding enough salt and pepper to make it interesting.
- set the oven to 350F/175C
- with a teaspoon i filled each zucchini bowl, dipped its bottom in the oil, and placed it in the baking dish.
- sprinkled the walnuts over each zucchini bowl.
- Placed the baking dish in the hot oven for good 30-40 minutes. Let it rest a moment before serving.
There were no leftovers.