Tasty and easy solution to the heat wave stricken city life.. Very popular and recommended.
For 4-6 people:
- 2 medium size leeks (or one large), chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped,
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter,
- 2 potatoes, not large, peeled and sliced,
- 2 ½ cups (or ½ litre) of chicken stock, can be made with a little Knorr cube if your home made supply are short
- Salt, pepper
- Some ( a cup?) of double cream (I use whipping cream, or, in despair, I did also use sour cream and got away with it)
- To garnish you can use chopped chives, or any other green stuff, also a pinch of curry powder to tease the taste buds
- Gently sweat the onion and leeks in butter, without browning them, for some 5-8 minutes.
- Add potatoes and stock, bring to boil, and simmer for some 20 minutes.
- Blend until quite smooth and leave to cool down
- Before serving fold in the cream, and dress up with greenery and hot curry (a trace of a fragrance only!)