Use fresh pasta as much as possible, unsalted butter and freshly grated Parmesan (which is to say, that you have just grated yourself minutes ago). I also produced an excellent meal using dried egg based fettuccine – cooks longer, but results are very much acceptable.
Serves: 4 (definitely no leftovers..)
- 250 grams fresh fettuccine – i also used 250 grams dried fettucine
- 150 grams unsalted butter
- 150 grams parmesan
- Chopped fresh Italian (flat?) parsley
- Have your parmesan grated and ready to go.
- Bring salted water to boil in a large pot.
- Drop the noodles in; if you are using fresh, remove as soon as they rise to the surface; otherwise cook till they are ready
- In all scenarios when you remove pasta and drain it, reserve a bit of the pasta water (about 4 tablespoons – i took a smaller half of a cup and i liked it a lot, but my dinner companion complained („too watery!”)
- In a deep platter (though a bowl will do fine), put the reserved water and the butter and stir to melt the butter.
- Put the cooked pasta on top, sprinkle with the parmesan.
- I sprinkled with the green parsley..
- Stir with tongs as you serve it.