The snow peas in this dish should be served crisp-tender.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted lightly
- 500g snow peas, trimmed and strings discarded
- 1 green onion, sliced thinly on diagonal
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat peanut oil in wok or large heavy skillet.
- Add sesame seeds and stir-fry for a few seconds until golden.
- Add snow peas and green onion; stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and toss with sesame oil and soy sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.