Roasted potato wedges
These are usually requested to accompany steaks, roasted pork, sometimes a goose.
- salt, pepper, herbs/spices of your choice (I am partial to thyme, but..)
- some grease/fat. Here the opinions are widely different. Naturally, oil is the most popular (including olive oil). I always use lard or goose fat, or duck fat. I save those when roasting the bidr, or processing the fat residue of the pork products..
- Peel, dry and slice potatoes. Smaller wedges roast faster, but the large ones will maintain more of the tasteful potato inside the beautiful, brown crispy roasted skin.
- Set the oven to 400F/200C.
- Place a roasting dish inside the oven, let it warm up.
- Now the fat. It must be fluid, and can very well be rather warm (but not burning!)
- Now the potatoes (carefully, the pan is hot!).
- Now the spices, and good stirring of everything (wooden spatula?), making sure all potatoes are well covered with the grease and spices.
- Into the oven foe a good 45-55 minutes. Do check every 15 minutes or so, turn them around (oven mitten, wooden spatula?) to facilitate easier and even roasting.
- Test for doneness with the wooden stick or a fork.
This entry was posted in Potatoes / Kartofle
. Bookmark the permalink