For this one I took about 1/4 more of pastry and stuff, as this one is a tall removable bottom tart and feeds 6-8 people :Combination below should satisfy 3-4:
- 1 unbaked crust pie (see recipe for Tart Shell)
- 12 slices bacon
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup minced onion – I added chopped scallion instead
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups light cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place bacon in a large skillet, and fry over medium-high heat until crisp.
- Drain on paper towels, and then chop coarsely.
- Sprinkle bacon, cheese and onion into pastry shell.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, salt, sugar and cayenne pepper.
- Pour mixture into pastry shell.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Reduce heat to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C), and bake an additional 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted 1 inch from edge comes out clean.
- Allow quiche to sit 10 minutes before cutting into wedges.