Very tasty – a bit on salty side, so be skimpy with soya sauce – otherwise excellent; spring onion very important. Again, you need to plan to marinate for at least 24 hours..
This is likely enough for 5-6 people
- 1 kg pork belly, skin-removed (I had almost this much in one piece, I prefer it this way – if you can fry/roast in one piece)
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup light soy sauce
- 1 heaped tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 heaped tablespoon Szechwan or black pepper (dry fried and ground in a pestle and mortar)
- steamed rice (at the serving time, not earlier)
- 2 spring onions (sliced finely), to garnish when serving
- lemon wedges
- Combine in a large mixing bowl the oil, soy, mustard and pepper and whisk vigorously.
- Add the pork and allow to marinade for at least 24 hours. turning occasionally, ensuring that the marinade has not settled.
- Set the oven to 375F (180C)
- Fry the pork in a large pan to seal in the juices
- Place the whole shebang in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Steam or cook rice
To serve, simply slice the pork into bite sized pieces and place on top of a bed of rice, garnish with the spring onion and a squeeze of lemon juice.