This will produce enough for 10 people – and it will disappear quickly. You can store leftovers in the fridge, but no longer than till tomorrow. Afterwards it becomes soggy. Great for summer bbq events.
- 1 large napa cabbage
- 2 bunches of fresh green onions. chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2 pkgs chicken flavoured oriental soup noodles with seasoning mix
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Place salad, chives and pepper in the large bowl.
- Melt butter in frying pan and sauté almonds, broken noodles and seasoning until golden.
- Add to vegetables and toss.
- Shake dressing ingredients in a jar.
- Pour over salad and toss at least ½ hour before serving.
- Refrigerate extra dressing and use when needed.