10 to 12 servings.
- 1/2 c. soy sauce
- 1/2 c. sherry
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. dried thyme, crushed
- Currant Sauce
- 1 (4 or 5 lb.) pork loin roast, boned, rolled & tied
- Blend soy, sherry, garlic, mustard, ginger and thyme.
- Place roast in clear plastic bag; set in deep bowl.
- Pour marinate in bag and close.
- Marinate 2 to 3 hours at room temperature or overnight in refrigerator. Occasionally press bag against meat to distribute marinate.
- Remove meat from marinate; place on rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Roast, uncovered in 325F (160C) degree oven for 2 1/2 hours or until meat thermometer registers 170F (65C) degrees.
- Baste with marinate during last hour.
Serve with Currant Sauce