Excellent – even after so many years.. And it makes a solid 7×11 inch (20×30 cm) pan – more than plenty for 4 people. Any leftovers seem to disappear soundlessly the next day.
- Tomatoes – one could use 28 oz (0.5 l?) can of peeled tomatoes or equivalent fresh
- Tomato sauce – one could use 16 oz can of store bought or equivalent, likely tastier, home made stuff
- Minced onion – finely chopped – about 1 cup
- Some garlic, chopped
- 0.5 kg (1 lb) beef – ground
- 250 g (or more, if you like it) ricotta or cream cheese
- 250 g (or more) mozzarella – shredded
- 250 g (or more) Parmesan (shredded)
- Some oil
- Some lasagna – may be precooked, I prefer one that you at least soak before using, ..
- Brown the onions, add garlic
- Add meat, salt, cook until brown
- Add tomatoes, sauce, spices
- Simmer until thickens
- Cook-soak lasagna, if needed
- Set the oven for 350F (175C)
Layer the stuff:
- Finish with mozzarella
Bake in the hot oven for 50 minutes (if you are using dry lasagna, you may need to bake it covered, at least for a while).
Ok to freeze. If you do freeze, thaw before re-heating