Use romaine lettuce if the others are unavailable. Change the fruit too, if desired.
Serves 4 to 6
- ½ English cucumber, peeled and diced
- 8 cups mixed lettuce, such as endive, mache, mizuna or arugula
- 4 cups strawberries, hulled and halved
- 2 cups blueberries
- ½ cup Sweet Lemon Dressing
- Salt the diced cucumber lightly. Leave to drain in a colander for 30 minutes so the juices drip out.
- Dry with paper towels. Place in a bowl.
- Place lettuces in a large salad bowl.
- Toss the cucumber with the strawberries and blueberries
- Combine with salad greens. Toss with dressing.