- 1 medium sized onion, diced finely
- 4 to 6 cloves of garlic, finely chopped or crushed
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 125 ml Cream
- 4 spring onions, sliced Chinese style (on an angle)
- splash of White Wine
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped Chives or Parsley
- Fry garlic and onion with oil in a medium hot pan for 2 minutes, but don’t allow to color.
- Add scallops, lightly cook on one side for 20 seconds.
- Continue to rum and cook for another 20 seconds and then remove from pan.
- On medium to high heat, add the splash of white wine to pan and reduce for 1 minute.
- Add cream and reduce until the sauce thickens to a nice coating consistency.
- Add scallops, spring onions and gently toss in sauce for about 1 minute.
- Place scallops on big mound of rice pilaf and pour over sauce, then garnish with chives or parsley.
Note: This dish can be enlarged by the addition of prawns and most fillets of fish.
Sept 17th 2003 – Worked well – I added some chopped peaches (not very ripe) to rescue them from insects – and overall result was very satisfying..