Quite unusual concept of cooking potatoes without water on top of the stove.. Very tasty (even if, at the start, very hot!).
For 8 people:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 kg fingerling potatoes, rinsed but not peeled
- freshly ground black pepper
- chopped fresh dill
- Melt the butter in a large heavy-bottomed pot.
- Add the whole potatoes, salt, and pepper, and toss well.
- Cover the pot tightly and cook over low heat for 20 to 30 minutes, until the potatoes are just tender when tested with a small knife. From time to time, shake the pot without removing the lid to prevent the bottom potatoes from burning.
- Turn off the heat and allow the potatoes to steam for another 5 minutes. Don’t overcook.
- Toss with the dill, and serve hot.