Zwykle robimy podwojna porcje, podobno tak jest lepiej dla technologii produkcji..(J). Ponizej originalna wersja, kakao tez dodalismy po pierwszych (udanych) probach karmelowej wersji. Obie sa ok.
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- ¼ cup Frys cacao powder (or more, to taste – not necessary at all, but gives good results)
- 1 ½cups finely shredded unsweetened coconut (see note).
Prepare the blob:
- In a large wide but tall bowl gather sweetened milk, coconut milk, butter, corn syrup, cocoa, if using, and a ½ cup of shredded coconut Mix well.
- Place the bowl in a microwave; set the power level to 2 (low!), and the time to 20 min. Press Start
- Check things in a few minutes, stir to mix all well, return to microwave oven.
- Continue until the substance becomes sensibly smooth, uniform (but for coconut flakes) and no longer sticks to the side of the bowl, oozing molten butter at walls of the bowl.
- Let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until very firm, at least 4 hours.
Rolling, rolling, rolling…
- When ready to make the final product, try to have 4 hands ready (get yourself a healthy and strong helper..)
- Prepare shredded coconut in a bowl, let the cool blob to reach not room, but not freezing temperature (very cold is very hard, somewhat difficult to cut and to roll), have two small spoons and a wide flattish container ( a collector) over which the rolling will be executed and into which the finished balls will be falling. Ideally you would have the person supplying the materials (the feeder) and the person rolling (the roller) positioned facing each other over the table (vis a vis)
- The feeder uses one of the spoons to place a heaping spoonful of shredded coconut into the palm (strategically placed over the prepared collector container) of the roller and follows quickly with a flat spoonful of the blob (with the other small spoon)
- The roller starts rolling vigorously, while the feeder immediately gives them a second helping of shredded coconut. The roller completes the ball and drops it into the receptacle.
- Repeat two preceding steps until ready to stop
- Every now and then (every 15-20 balls?) shake the receptacle around to make sure all balls are covered and separate. Pick them up into a final container (must be air-tight closable?) and put the container in the cold place (fridge?) before continuing with the remainder of the raw material.
Store the final product in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days, or refrigerate for up to 1 month. Serve at room temperature.
Yield: About 30 brigadeiros. We often double the recipe, the effort and set up taken once seems to warrant double the result..
Note: Sweetened flaked coconut will be too sweet. If desired, for flavour, toast coconut beforehand on a baking sheet in a 350-degree oven, stirring every 2 minutes.