A beautiful, simple, cleansing dessert – the perfect finish to a wintry meal. Although easy to make and quick to assemble, the final flavour is deceptively complex.
- 6 blood oranges
- 11/2 cups of honey
- Half a cup of water
- 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Place the honey and water in a pan, add the rosemary, having first bruised it slightly with your knife handle (this helps to release the flavours).
- Place over a gentle heat, warm through.
- Stir from time to time, without letting it boil.
- Remove from the heat and allow to infuse.
- Meanwhile, prepare the oranges by slicing both ends off each using a sharp knife.
- Remove the rest of the pith and skin in sections.
- Now lay the oranges on their sides and slice into thin pinwheels, removing any seeds.
- Lay on a plate and drizzle the warm honey over the fruit.