One can use regular oranges to make this simple, flavourful dessert if blood oranges are unavailable.
For four people you should allow:
- 4 blood oranges, peeled, white pith removed
- 225ml (a cup?) peeled pistachios
- some 50 ml blood orange juice (may be collected in proces?)
- 2 tablespoons Cointreau
- Slice oranges into wedges, keeping a bowl underneath to retain the juice.
- Place wedges in a bowl and toss with pistachios, orange juice and Cointreau.
- Marinate for at least 2 hours before serving.