It is an interesting rendition of cold, salad-style pasta. Excellent for cases when you want to prepare food ahead of time – cold buffet table, light cold supper. Rather important is to serve good quality, egg based pasta. When served we like it at room temperature.. Taste and texture very interesting, highly recommended. I should think you may be right to consider serving it in a less colourful bowl..
- 700 ml cooked (al dente) linguine noodles,
- 2 tbsp olive oil,
- i mid size red onion, very thinly sliced,
- 250 ml avocado dressing ,
- 1 tsp lightly toasted cumin seeds,
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated,
- a few drops of fresh squeezed garlic juice (optional),
- pepper to taste,
- some cherry tomatoes, the smaller the better.
- Place the slices of the sweet onion in a large bowl.
- Toss cooked and drained noodles gently with olive oil and spread out on a plate to cool.
- Place in a bowl with onions and set aside.
- Combine, in a small bowl, avocado dressing with cumin, ginger, garlic juice and pepper.
- Taste for seasoning, and pour over the pasta and onions.
- Toss gently.
- Scatter cherry tomatoes around the edge of the bowl.