These amounts are given as guidance only and could be adjusted accordingly (to what you like and what you have in your fridge). On the other hand, the presence of all the substrates and their mixing order is important.
The set below should produce enough to tease about 30 people, but satisfy (feed?) maybe 12.
- Almost flat (1 1/5 ‘ depth is ideal) large platters or other service vessels; for the set below you need a surface of about 9’’x12’’
- Thick cream cheese (smooth, Philadelphia-style or polski twaróg, bez grudek) (0.5 kg)
- Thick sour cream or plain yogourt – thick, not the running type (0.5 kg package)
- Hot salsa (ready-made, from the jar) (0.5 kg)
- Fresh red (or green, or both) pepper, chopped finely (2)
- Fresh green onions, also chopped – (we use two bunches, the green stem parts only)
- Ripe, fresh tomatoes, chopped as well (4 mid size)
- Black olives, sliced to compatibly sized bits (no pits!) (0.05 kg)
- Corn chips or some such delivery vessels – lots
- Mix the cheese and the sour cream until sensibly smooth and lay it out as the bottom layer in the service dish. It should be about 1 cm (1/2”) deep
- Cover the white stuff with salsa – not too much, if salsa really hot, but evenly
- Cover hermetically with foil and store in the fridge until needed, 24 -48 hours still acceptable.
This is what it looks like some 20 minutes after we served it..