This one is a winner!
To make some 400 ml of this delicious sauce, possibly to go with chicken&sun dried tomato pierogi, with pasta, with meet balls.., one needs approximately
- 175ml (125g) drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 200ml dry white wine
- 50ml white wine vinegar
- 10 black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 200ml whipping cream
- 100 ml chicken stock or canned low-salt chicken broth
- 1 tbsp of chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon of dried one – or lots of basil, chopped fresh or not so much dried
- Place sun-dried tomatoes and chopped garlic in food processor.
- Boil white wine, white wine vinegar, black peppercorns and bay leaf in heavy small saucepan until liquid is reduced to 3 tablespoons, about 8 minutes.
- Strain liquid into tomatoes in processor and puree until smooth.
- Return tomato mixture to same saucepan.
- Add whipping cream, chicken stock and dry herbs and spinach, if included.
- Simmer until flavors blend, about 3 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and fresh herbs (if using).
- chopped fresh spinach to the sauce.