The spareribs to buy for this dish are not the thick, meaty ones with layers of fat and lean, but small spareribs in racks which are sold as American (as opposed to Chinese) spareribs
Bardzo interesujące, five spices makes it very oriental
- 1/5 kg/3 lb pork spareribs
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon five spice powder
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Separate spareribs into lengths which will fit into roasting pan.
- Sprinkle garlic with salt and crush to a paste with flat of a knife.
- Combine with pepper, five spice powder, honey, sesame oil and soy sauce.
- Rub well all over the spareribs and leave to marinate for 20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C (400 F).
- Place spareribs into roasting pan and cook in a hot oven for 20 minutes.
- Turn spareribs, add 1/2 cup hot water to pan and continue roasting for a further 20 minutes.
Alternatively, instead of roasting in the oven:
- Heat 2 tablespoons peanut oil in a large, heavy frying pan and brown spareribs.
- Add 1/2 cup water, cover and simmer until tender.