Makes 4 servings
Crunchy toasted almonds make crisp snow peas even more fun to eat.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 pound snow peas, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Melt butter in medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add almonds and cook until golden and fragrant and butter begins to brown, stirring frequently, about 11/2 minutes.
- Add snow peas and shallot; sauté until snow peas are crisp-tender, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat; add lemon juice.
- Season to taste with salt and serve.