- 1kg chicken wings
For the marinade
- 100ml tomato ketchup
- 100g clear honey
- 50ml soy sauce
- 1tsp Chinese five spice
- 30g root ginger, peeled and chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4tbsp hoi sin sauce
- 1tsp Tabasco
- 100ml water
- Blend all the ingredients for the marinade and mix with the chicken wings.
- Put them in a non-corrosive container in the fridge (I use plastic zip- bags), cover with cling film and leave overnight.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF
- Transfer the wings and marinade into an ovenproof dish and cook in the oven for 1 hour stirring every so often. If the marinade becomes dry and is in danger of burning, just remove the dish, add a little water, stir well and return to the oven.
- Serve with a finger bowl of warm water with a slice of lemon in it to cope with the mess.